So do they?
Yes they do and we have metrics to demonstrate ‘Return On Engagement’!
Earlier this year Totem Learning designed and developed a game to educate business owners on greener IT practices. The game develops players’ understanding of IT issues within their company and supports them to implement better, greener practices.
A few months on, we can report that ‘Green IT’ has been a great success! The report has shown that learners finished the game with a full understanding of green IT practices. Not only was the level of learning very high, the game was so effective that it provoked a proactive attitude and action in many of the learners!
Here is just a cross section of facts and figures from the report:
- 92% of learners sought out more information on greener practices upon finishing the game
- 96% either have or are considering taking a course on energy saving business practices
- 23% are actively seeking assistance from local sources for implementation of these newly learnt practices, while 70% plan to in the near future
- 89% said they have, or would, recommend the ‘Green IT’ game to colleagues
As for the design and enjoyment of the game:
- 71% of learners found the scenarios and tasks within the game were directly applicable to their own companies.
- 59% agreed the value of insights from the game were good or excellent.
- And 79% found it easy to use.
This is a brief look at the learning benefits achievable through using serious games but it is a brilliant outcome for this project and we are looking forward to sharing more great reports like this in the future!